Tuesday, April 08, 2008

News on the baby front

Our next baby girl is healthy albeit very small according to the ultrasound this morning. She was 5 lbs 13 oz and in the 18th percentile with less than 3 weeks to go. I take this as good news that she is healthy. She is very tight in there and head down. The doctors said typically they like to see half a pound a week, which would put her right around 7 lbs when she is full term.

Heather and I are no longer wishing that she comes early since she is so small. We'd like her to stay in there a while longer to allow her the maximum time to grow. Although its tough since she is so tight in there and causes Heather a lot of pain when she moves.

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

1st...I hope she stays in and grows grows grows!! 2nd...From one of your labels I'm guessing you have name picked? Maybe you already mentioned it and I just forgot...I think it's very cute though!!