Friday, April 11, 2008

Anna's playpace redux

I know I said I was done with the Anna's playplace blogs, but I have spent more time and wanted to share the things I learned.

1) 2-3" of mulch gets moved really easy by sliding toddlers, running dogs, and any combination of the two running or jumping. We bought another cubic yard of playground mulch to spread on top.
2) I measured the perfect amount of sod, but the beautiful sod made the close by not so good looking grass look bad. So, plan to replace the not so good looking grass as well next time. I had to get 5 more rolls of sod.
3) If your child loves playing outside like ours, you will spend a lot of time out there. Plan to buy a bench. We had planned to buy one, but we did it a lot sooner. Good thing too, because Anna and my poor pregnant wife averaged probably four hours per day outside this past week.

Here is an updated picture...
Anna's playplace updated

No comments: