Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Tithing time

One of the key phrases that our pastors at Crossroads Fellowship here in Raleigh like to say is to "tithe your time, talents and treasures." I have been thinking about that a lot lately. It took me many years, but I am confident that we have the treasures pretty well understood. But, talents and time?


Let's think about time in a week. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and what is one-tenth of that? 16 hours and 48 minutes in a week. Woh! Maybe on the monthly level it would be better. One-tenth of 24 hours for 30 days? 72 hours! 3 days! Let's see, in a good month I can count an 8 hour day at Habitat, four small groups at 2 hours a piece...--struggling--...6 hours at church...maybe 30 minutes a day so thats another 15 hours. Totaling: 37 hours.

Well, now that I have another New Year's resolution to work on...

1 comment:

Lori Beth said...

Thanks for doing the math... ugh... now I feel bad about about myself (guess I have to join you in a new year's resolution)