Thursday, January 24, 2008

Establishing effective habits

The talk of the gym this week has been the fact that the gym was deserted...the New Year's Resolutionists were gone. One of the other guys at the gym suggested that the saddest thing was that many of them were so close to forming a true habit and that it takes 21 days to establish a habit. I thought that was interesting, only 21 days? That should help people survive a little longer. I found that 21 day claim on Google Answers.

This is useful information. Its useful if you are trying to get in the habit of exercising. Its useful if you are starting your journey to financial peace. But, this begs the question, if you know that something should be a habit 21 days later...do you get discouraged if its still difficult? I wonder..and with my new year's resolutions, I will try this out.

If you need to find some more habits to develop, I suggest the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. Be Proactive, Begin with the End in mind, First Things First, Think Win Win, Seek First to Understand, Synergize, and Sharpen the Saw. I personally have never figured out how to Begin with the End in mind but put First things First. :-)

No comments: