Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My favorite becomes one of her favorites

My favorite book growing up was Richard Scarry's Cars Truck and Things that Go. My mom saved my copy of the book, printed in 1983 and complete with a nametag on the front from show and tell when I was a kid. The thing I loved about the book was searching for Gold Bug, a Where's Waldo like search before Waldo became there. The book is about 70 pages, so memorizing every goldbug appearance was tough. The other things, the story and the cars were interesting later, but finding Gold Bug was always the big deal. Now the book is one of Anna's favorites and she even says Gold Bug...although it comes out more like "Ba Bug!". Below is a picture. If you look close enough, you can see a sticker on the upper right hand corner of the cover with my mom's handwriting and my name on it :-)

Gold Bug

No comments: