Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In a new place but want to take a run? Map it out first

I was in Phoenix this week (again) and awake at 3:30 AM Phoenix time. Not wanting to just sit around for 3 hours, I decided I wanted to take a run. Not knowing the area...I wasn't sure where to go for a good loop near the hotel. So, I pulled up Gmaps Pedometer, looked up the hotels address, and double clicked a route until I had the distance I was looking for. Here is the relatively small 2 mile route I made all mainly through a residential neighborhood behind the hotel. It was a nice run, but I needed something to tell me what would be well lit. Unfortunately, the route selected has almost no street lamps and I was running in the dark. It would be nice to find a "safer" route...not sure there is an easy way to do that.

No comments: