Monday, September 08, 2008

High School Reunions

Heather and I went to her 10 year high school reunion on Saturday. It reminded me that I wasn't able to go to mine since it was over Thanksgiving. I appreciated that hers was on a non-holiday weekend, allowing those whose families were no longer in the area and those who were in the area to come.

Anyway, Heather enjoyed her reunion. I sat back and people watched most of the night which is something I had not done in a long time. It was interesting to see how the people still grouped so easily into those friend groups that they had one been in. On total, very few people talked to me but what I heard most often was how great Heather looked. She tried to say it was "great for having had a kid four months ago" but in reality the comments were how she looked as thin and attractive she looked not to mention the fact that she just had a kid. Here we are all dressed up for Heather's reunion before leaving our house:

Heading to Heather's high school reunion

Before the reunion we ate at the excellent restaurant Parizade. Coincidentally, it is owned by the class president's father which gave me fuel for one of the three short lived conversations I had. :-) The food was great at Parizade and I would recommend it.

No comments: