Saturday, September 06, 2008

Chinese food

Last night we had Chinese food for the first time in a while. For the first time, we decided we would order something for Anna off the menu. They had a chicken fingers that were like the sauceless sweet and sour fried chicken pieces. Dinner went well, Anna even tried and liked the wonton soup. Madelyn didn't cry but needed held most of the time. It was nice to get out to a sit down sort of restaurant.

When I was done with my food, Anna wanted my chop sticks. After I minute of trying to figure them out, she stabbed a piece of food without our prompting and starting eating the stabbed food. We have a cute picture on Heather's phone of it but my cheapness (PictureMail costs $5/month and you can't do it ala carte) combined with Heather's phone having no microSD slot means we won't get the picture off her phone. :-(

The good news is we had plenty of leftovers for lunch today from the meal last night, so I handed Anna my chopsticks once I was done and Heather grabbed the camera. Anna did it again, first she tried to figure out how to use the chopsticks:
Using chopsticks

Then she just stabbed the pear slice she was trying to get:
Stab it and eat it

No comments: