Friday, February 15, 2008

10 weeks til life changes again

Yes, that is right...in 10 weeks Heather is due with another little baby girl. Our lives will completely change...again. :-) When alone, we go from man to man coverage to zone coverage. If I think about it too much, all I can think is "18 months apart..what were we thinking? Anna's isn't ready, I'm not ready, Heather isn't ready, I'm not ready" Whew! Its times like this that I have to recall one of my favorite quotes, "Fear is the opposite of faith." I don't take all fear as being that way, its much too broad of a word. But, in this case it would be worrying. Matthew Chapter 6:33-34 says

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Read the rest of Matthew 6 to know that worrying is not a good thing. I need to practice that a bit in the next 10 weeks...until then...let's see how Anna changes. She is rapidly growing up...I don't want to hope she grows up more just so my life is easier...but a couple little things wouldn't hurt ;-)

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Believe me, I had those same worries - our first 2 are 15 months apart. I actually cried in the hospital the first night thinking what have I done to my baby? But it has been the best thing ever - Brian & Sean are the best of friends. I'll keep you and Heather (and Anna) in my prayers.

Oh, 1 piece of good advice I got is that when you bring Anna in to meet the new baby at the hospital, the new baby should be in the isolette and Heather should be holding Anna when you bring the baby over to them. It worked beautifully for us.