Sunday, March 16, 2008

Breakfast at the Burckarts

Breakfast here has gotten pretty predictable for Anna and Heather. Anna eats a banana and a half of a waffle while drinking her milk. Heather has also been eating waffles and cannot drink juice since Anna will want it. :-) So, since everyone has been enjoying my waffles, I thought I would put down my recipe here. We make these waffles and store them in the freezer in a big zip lock bag. When Heather or Anna go to have some, they just take them out of the freezer bag and put them into the toaster oven. Here is my recipe:

3 egg yolks
3 cups skim milk
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
3/4 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (under if anything)
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix all that together in a large mixing bowl.

Stiffly beat 3 egg whites in a separate bowl. Fold that into the mixture in the larger bowl.

Make your waffles. If you are freezing, let them cool and put them into a ziploc freezer bag (gallon size will be needed). Make sure you take out the air in the bag to keep out freezer burn.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll let you know how my waffle eating boys like them.