Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Our 5 year plan...

Heather has mentioned a couple times over the past couple of weeks the fact that when we got married we had a 5-year plan to have kids. Well, having just celebrated our 5 year anniversary with our friends Andy and Kristen watching our two little girls, we realized that our plans have drastically changed. Contemplating this since Saturday, I found this great bible verse:

Proverbs 16:9 In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. (NIV)

And of course this brought to mind the ever popular:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (NIV)

All of this reminds me that while my plans may not have been the course that was followed, my life is going on the Lord's path which is for a better life.

No comments: